Kuwait Work Visa/Permit. The work visa/permit in Kuwait is issued under Article 17 and 18 of the country’s immigration laws. Article 17 is for Public Sector Employees and Article 18 is for Private Sector Employees.

If you are an Pakistani who has secured a job in Kuwait, then your employer has to first get for a work permit from the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor. Your employer has to submit your personal details to avail the residency visa (iqama.) It can only be issued on the basis of a valid employment offer from a private company or a Kuwaiti government organization. The Kuwaiti employer then applies for the iqama on behalf of the expatriate employee.

You will have to send a copy of your passport to your employer, which they have to show to the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor. The employee is then issued a so-called “No Objection Certificate” (NOC) with which he/she can enter Kuwait. Once your employer receives the work visa/permit, they have to send the same to you (the employee) along with the NOC. After you receive the 2 documents, you have to first go for a medical test in Pakistan from one of GCC approved medical centers.

The employee will be issued the actual residency visa once he/she have entered Kuwait. In order for the residency visa to be issued, an extensive medical certificate is necessary. The medical center will require you to display the original visa. It will conduct a blood test and a x-ray. This medical report will prove that you have a good health and you do not have any epidemic diseases.

Once the residency visa is issued, the employee can apply for a Kuwaiti Civil ID (bitaqa-almadaniyah) This application has to be submitted within 30 days of receiving the residency visa.

Kuwait Visa Documents Needed:

You need the following documents to get the Kuwait Visa stamped in Pakistan:

  • Air ticket (One way).
  • Medical Report.
  • Valid Passport.
  • Original work agreement. This agreement has to be signed by both the employer and the employee.
  • Photograph with blue or white color background.
  • Attested driving license and experience certificate for drivers.
  • Attested experience certificate for cooks.
  • Kashmir Overseas will help you get all these documents attested as well as to get the visa stamped on the passport.

Our Experts Always Ready to Work With You.

Let's Talk

Request a Free Quote